- A Girl and Her World Incorporated
Account Number: 473587
What are you Giving to?
1. Supporting Girls to get back to school: $300 per Girl per year
We support up to 40 Girls each year to get back to school and stay there. We assess their family’s situation, connect them in with local networks, then help to overcome the barriers like:
- Purchasing uniforms and stationery from local suppliers
- Creating travel passes with local bus companies
- Providing sanitary pads and period undies and supporting menstrual hygiene needs.
2. Supporting young women to transition to tertiary or vocational study: $1000 per Girl per year
We support up to 10 Girls each year to move away from RakiRaki and study in another part of Fiji at University or TAFE or to do a vocational training course. Set up costs that can prove prohibitive include: Bond for a place to live, house set up costs including cook wear and linen, text books, and stationery. As part of this element of our program, we link Girls and young women with local scholarships and vocational counsellors to help them decide what is best for them and determine where study and employment opportunities exist. We encourage them to go…but then come home and strengthen their communities.
3. Workshops for Girls and their mums on Staying Safe (Child Protection) and Menstrual Health and Hygiene: $800 per workshop
Costs include venue hire, transport costs for participants, training costs and materials relevant to the course.
4. Small business opportunities for mums and dads: $500 per project
The families of the Girls we support want to provide for their daughters’ education themselves. They don’t want charity or welfare. We help with training on bookkeeping and small business planning and then seed capital to start their own income generating project.
5. Small business Training for mums and dads: $500 per workshop
These workshops include training and transport costs for participants, so they can get set up with their projects with confidence.
ABN 46 599 053 967