As we bid farewell to 2023, we want to take a moment to express our gratitude for your support and generosity towards a Girl & her world. We so value your friendship.
Highlights and Insights:
- 64 Girls received uniforms, shoes, books and bags to start the year positively.
- Girls were provided with pads and period undies to help them stay at school without disrupting their education.
- New income-generating projects for women and families were initiated, creating sustainable change.
- We continued to support two Girls on their journey to university.
- New partnerships were forged, expanding our network of support.
Stories of Impact:
The stories we encountered this year are testaments to the real and immediate impact of your support:
- A Girl who had been out of school for two years due to a complicated custody battle, is now back in the classroom, thanks to your support.
- Emergency relief was provided to a Girl’s family who suffered from a devastating fire, ensuring she could stay in school.
- A family who were being supported by social welfare were provided with essentials for their daughters to get them back to school, this included uniforms, shoes, bags and even food.
- Our collaboration with BIRTH Fiji is underway to collect valuable data on 10 years of community work, ensuring that we continue learning and evolving.
1. Cahoot Learning’s Pioneering Support: Thanks to Cahoot Learning’s remarkable donation of $10,000 annually for three years, we’ve embarked on a transformative 10-year evaluation in collaboration with the local NGO, BIRTH Fiji. This initiative, focusing on Girls’ education and continuous improvement, holds the promise of creating lasting change in the communities we serve.
2. German International School Sydney’s Enduring Commitment: Despite the challenges posed by the inability to conduct their annual immersion trip to Fiji, our friends at the German International School Sydney continued their generous fundraising efforts, making a substantial impact as a key education partner supporting our cause.
3. Partnership with William Angliss Institute continues:
This year the wonderful staff and students at William Angliss Institute baked over 250 cakes! These will help get Girls back to school at the start of 2024 and we are incredibly grateful for this ongoing partnership.
4. The Heart of Our Community – $5 Friday Fundraisers:
To all those who faithfully participated in our $5 Friday fundraising campaign, whether contributing a little or a lot, your collective efforts have made a tangible difference. Your ongoing commitment is the lifeblood that sustains our mission.
5. Educational Empowerment:
At the start of 2023, 64 girls went back to school and we proudly continued supporting two Girls attending university. Our Fiji Coordinator, Urmila with her tireless dedication, has once again surpassed expectations in providing pastoral care and support to these Girls and their families.
Before we close the chapter on 2023, we want to express our heartfelt appreciation for the incredible impact we’ve achieved together. Your time, hard work, and support have made a lasting difference in the lives of many Girls and their communities.
You can also now read our Annual Report on the website for a full summary of the year.
We look forward to continuing this journey with you in the coming year, building on the foundation of positive change we’ve established together.
Wishing you a joyous holiday season and a new year filled with hope and prosperity.